Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's hard to be humble...when I'm RIGHT

I bet you're wondering what I was right about, huh? Check this out: http://www.scribd.com/doc/14999927/Phoenix-Coyotes-Bankruptcy-Petition. As you may recall from my earlier post, actually, just look down the page a bit, I was ranting about the free pass the Coyotes were getting from the City of Glendale. Well, as stated, the only way they were going to get out of their penalty was to file bankruptcy. And there it is!

It's sad, though. I honestly believe they could have pulled it off if they weren't so damn arrogant about their business. When they first moved to Glendale, I contacted them to offer a small business proposition. I had noticed on their website a PDF application that wasn't form-fillable. So I made a sample form-fillable and sent a copy to the head IT guy and offered a business deal. He refused to respond. So I tried to contact him on the phone. He still refused to respond. Then I contacted the General Manager who was more concerned that I contacted him then about his staff not making nice. Short story: the IT contacted me and flatly said "NO!". He made such a funny comment. It went something like, "Do you think we have lots of money or something?". So I answered, "Yeah, I do.".

So I believe the Coyotes were very happy to get OUR money and a NEW building, but they were unwilling to give back to the people and businesses of Glendale. That elitist attitude that you can only get it better somewhere else will get you in the end! Oh wait...it did.

1 comment:

Bil said...

Aren't you ALWAYS right? That's what I always thought! :) Maybe that's why we got along so well! ;)