Thursday, May 21, 2009

UFO?

You're probably thinking "Unidentified Flying Object", but I was thinking more "Unidentified Faction of Obfuscation".

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/05/18/20090518abrk-ufosightings0518.html

I guess I have a real hard time with stories like this one. People all over the State of Arizona saw something, unidentfied, in the sky on Monday, the 18th. I, too, saw something hovering NNW of Phoenix. I even tried to take pictures of it, but each time there was a buildup of light that obscured the actual shape I saw when I looked through my view finder. Now you're probably wondering what could I possibly say about this article. Well...plenty!

Let's consider the facts in question. According the article above, a 4,000 pound balloon was launched on Sunday from New Mexico and landed around Kingman on Monday evening. Okay, that's plausible. And, based on picture attached to the article, it does look like a big bubble from the Wizard of Oz, as one witness described it. The acticle further states that a NASA organization is the agency behind this device.

So my questions are: Why does NASA, or any other agency, always wait until AFTER the device in question is "sighted" and UFO reports start flooding in? Why wait to issue a press release that a large, unfamilar device may be seen in the sky during the next few days?

As with all politically-based agencies, you must watch carefully what the right hand is doing while the left hand is waiving and showing off. In this case, they, the NASA organization, is explaining what happened after the fact. That would be the left hand. Where is the right hand?

No comments: